Procedure to install the Java Development Kit (JDK)
Simple Easy Steps for Installation of JDK
- Download JDK (latest version recommended) from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html .
- Install it.
- Go to control panel.
- Then move to “Control Panel\System and Security\System”.
- Click “Advanced System Settings” in the margin.
- In the “Advanced” tab, click “Environment variables” button.
- Then in “system variables” area, select “path” and click “edit”.
- (Use with care) (Windows 10 has a different interface, but similar). Separate the current content with a “;” and include just right after that, the file address of the ‘bin’ file in java folder. See the example:
- [Example: ….; C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Startup Setting Tool;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin; ]
- Then ‘OK’.